HOW TO CLEANSE YOUR CRYSTALS
Things you need:
Purified alkaline water or spring water
- Add half a tablespoon of sea salt to every cup of water and stir a few times until it starts to dissolve. Slowly and gently add crystals to the mix, ensuring they are fully submerged.
- Close your eyes with your hands hovering the glass bowl and set your intention(s) for the saltwater to remove any negative energy from your crystals.
- Let your crystals sit for a few hours or overnight.
**The following crystals should not be cleansed in water: Lapis Lazuli, Opal, Carnelian, Turquoise, Selenite, Labradorite, Malachite, and Calcite.
Smudging is my personal favorite when it comes to cleansing my crystals. You can use a sage bundle, palo santo wood, or incense.
- To clear the energy of one crystal it's easiest to hold it in your hands as you smudge. If you plan on clearing multiple crystals I normally use a bowl to keep them together and make the process easier.
- Use a lighter (or a match) to light your sage/palo santo/incense until it smolders and slowly wave the smoke back and forth over your crystals. Make sure there are no flames when lighting your smudge stick choice.
- Leave your smudge stick on until it burns out. I use a Himalayan Salt candle holder to place my smudge stick.
USE A SINGING BOWL OR SOUND
Singing bowls are a pretty awesome way to cleanse your crystals, raise your vibrations, and align your chakras. If you don't own a singing bowl you can definitely hop on YouTube and find some sounds that will cleanse your crystals.
- Place your crystal(s) near the bowl and begin by lightly striking the rim of the bowl three times. You'll then glide the mallet around the outer rim of the bowl repeatedly. If you'd like to see how this is done, you can search for it on YouTube.
- Continue moving the mallet in full circle around the rim of the bowl at a slow and steady pace. The sound will start very faint and then increase to be more intense.